Friday, February 23, 2018

Soccer Techniques

Soccer Techniques

Lauffer, Robert, and April Kater. Women's Soccer: Techniques, Tactics & Teamwork. Sterling Pub., 2001.

Everyone has a passion that lights a fire in your heart. My passion is soccer. I have been playing since I was three years old when my mom first coached me.  I started playing select soccer at the age of 10 for the select team Kent United. Today I play for Velocity select soccer and still enjoy it just as much as the first day I started. Soccer is all about technique and attitude, today I am here to help with the technique part of soccer. In this post we will be focusing on passing and where to hit the ball to get the desired outcome.


Push Pass
(Lauffer; Kater 14)
  • used for short distances
  • use inside of the foot 
  • dribble in a strait line
  • majority of power is coming from your leg striking the ball
Image result for push pass soccer


Instep Drive
(Lauffer; Kater 14-15)
  • top of the foot, also known as the laces
  • passing over longer distance
  • lock your ankle and point toes down towards the ground
Image result for instep soccer kick


Lofted Pass
(Lauffer; Kater 17)
  • used to clear out of the danger zone or your teams third of the field
  • main goal is height 
  • hit the bottom half of the ball
  • lean back 
  • strike with laces

Image result for lofted soccer kick
https://www.soccercoachweekly.net/easicoach/receive-control-and-pass-u13-game/


Chipping
(Lauffer; Kater 17)
  • do NOT follow through the ball
  • simply jabbing under the ball
  • used for short distances
  • use your passing foots toe
Image result for chipped soccer kick
https://www.soccercoachweekly.net/soccer-drills-and-skills/coach-chip-kick-passing-skills/

No comments:

Post a Comment