Monday, November 28, 2016

Fleeky Eyebrows

EYEBROWS

Simply Glamorous: Gary Cockerill

Makeup is honestly my life. It's so fun trying out new techniques and stuff. But the most important thing about makeup, is eyebrows. Eyebrows really make a statement, and it's my pride possession. So here's to fleeky eyebrows. Cheers! 
Before


So this is a before picture of what my eyebrows look like without any product on it.  #allnatural







Text:
1) "Use the right-shaped tweezers for shaping your brows. I find it easier to grab the hairs if the tweezers have pointed or slanted tips. It's not true shouldn't pluck hairs from above your brows-just remember that shaping that creates the arch and helps to "lift" the brow happens from underneath, and over plucking the top will push the brow down and create a straighter shape. If  you have suborn unruly brows brush them up and them trim them to fill in sparse brows and correct the shape of the arch, use a pencil or a small angled brush and a matte powder, cream, clay, pomade, mousse, or gel." (Cockerill Pg.96)

Paraphrased:
Using the right shaped tweezers with pointed or slanted tips make it easier to pluck brows and plucking from the bottom lifts up the brow, while plucking from the top, you bring down the brow. If you have suborn brows, you brush them, trim them, and then fill them in with a pencil or use an angled brush and fill with powder, cream, clay, pomade, mousse, or gel.

Impact:
What I've learned is that I used to pluck my eyebrows incorrectly, plucking downward, and it made them push my brows down, and i would never "lift" up my brows. Also, I've learned how to fill in my brows better, I particularly  didn't follow the shape of my arch, so it made them wonky.

Text:
2) " For a glamorous, groomed look, the most flattering brows are slightly light at the beginning and gradually become more intense from the top of the arch to the tail.
  1. Tweeze away any stray hairs to create a neat arch that suits your face shape and bone structure.
  2. Brush the brows up and into their natural shape; you don't want to create a shape too far removed form this, as it will look unnatural.
  3. Using a small angled brush, a brow powder or pomade, underling the brow. Do this precisely without putting too much pressure on the brush, as the line should look quite soft especially at the start of the eye.
  4. In the same way, lightly outline the top, starting at the beginning of the brow and slanting the line up to where you've decided the highest point of the arch should be. If you want to create a fuller brow, take the line very slightly above the natural hairline.
  5. Take the line down the outer tail from the top of the arch to the tip, just beyond the outer corner of the eye.
  6. Using what's left of the product on your brush, fill in any gaps with light feathery strokes, concentrating the depth of color on the mid-section and arch.
  7. To create a really dynamic brow, apple a little concealer or foundation underneath the brow to keep the line clean. Using a shade slightly lighter than your skin tone really draws attention to the brows.
  8. Do the same above your brows to emphasize the shape and make your eyebrows look really precise." (Cockerill Pg.97)

Paraphrased:
 A glamorous and groomed eyebrow look has a lighter start and becomes dark near the end. To start off tweezing away stray hairs that don't belong. Next, brush the eyebrows into place so when you fill them in, they won't look unnatural. Then, outline the top and bottom of your brow with pomade or powder, and once you have done that, use what's left on the brush to fill in between the middle. Finally, clean up your brows with some concealer or foundation underneath the brow and on top of the brow to give off a clean look.

Impact:
What I've learned from this tutorial is that using concealer or foundation gives the eyebrows a cleaner look. I didn't do it before, and it had made a huge difference, and people began to notice them more nicely shaped, less of a mess. Also, I used to fill in my brows like a box, all throughout the same color and no shading, and it didn't seem to fit my face. But now, I've learned the correct way to do my brows, and they have never looked better. Plus, on the bright side, it's more time efficent for me, no more spending 30 minutes for 2 pieces of hairs on your face.
After


This is what my eyebrows looked after when I plucked them, filled them, and cleaned them.







Question: How do you fill your eyebrows in? What are your tips/tricks of doing it?

Peace Out,
Tia Nguyen :)


Cockerill, Gary. Simply Glamorous: Make-up transformations to make you look & feel fabulous. New York, NY 10010 St. Martin's Press New York

4 comments:

  1. I fill my eyebrows in with Anastasia dip brow in Ebony, using and small angled brush. I also use concealer on a thin pointed brush to clean up around the edges :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a coincidence, I use the Anastasia Dip Brow in Dark Brown, it is my holy grail!

      Delete
  2. I liked your blog and your eyebrows! I use the Anastasia browiz in soft brown. I shape them and fill them in and then take the spooli to brush it out and make them look more natural. I then go in with a wet N wild brow powder and fill the little gaps in. My last step is to take l'oreal brow gel and set my eyebrow hairs upwards.(:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that is so sweet. Anastasia has the best brow products in the whole entire world. I use the Anastasia Dip Brow, and it is my holy grail, couldn't live without it.

      Delete