Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Jumping into Jurassic Park

            For this blog post, I experimented with a couple of origami, but none of them looked as cool as this brontosaurus. Well, of course it would look cool, since Origami Omnibus Paper Folding for Everyone states that "It is one of the largest reptiles of its kind," and it is also one of the larger origami of the dinosaur family since it would use 24cm by 24cm paper if a stegosaurus and tyrannosaurus were to use and 18cm by 18cm paper (Kasahara 294). Honestly, I really struggled with this origami since the diagrams really confused me, and the directions, in my opinion, were not clear enough. However, in the end, the result was not so bad, you can tell it's a dinosaur.
         



            This brontosaurus in particular taught me to keep moving forward and try your best even if you don't understand anything. As you can see, the Brontosaurus doesn't looks as clean as it should be, and you could see the folds where I messed up.


Overall, I had fun making this origami, even if I might've pulled my hair out once or twice due to the stress it gave me. In the picture I added a flower patterned paper because I didn't have a jungle like pattern paper. I added a background in general, to make it look less boring.





To conclude, I would like to recommend, before making this dinosaur, that you learn your arrow diagrams (look to the left). Since the arrows are sometimes confusing, and there are no words that will explain the arrows most of them time.









   

  What was the most prettiest origami you have ever seen?
       Citation: Kasahara, Kunihiko. Origami Omnibus: Paper-folding for Everybody. Tokyo: Japan Publications, 1988. Print.





2 comments:

  1. Hi Thuy!

    I personally don't do much origami but when I do, I find it more relaxing to listen to music or video instructions to assure myself I'm making the right folds. The only origami I have ever done successfully was a heart.

    The prettiest origami I have ever seen was a 3D Modular Origami set of a Swan! The parts looked very complicated and the model was able to be taken apart like a puzzle. Hopefully by the end of the semester you will be able to do extravagant and complicated origami folds!

    You're doing great, keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Allison! I will keep the music and video instructions in mind for my next few projects!

      Delete