Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Naturally Gorgeous

Natural Look
Simply Glamorous: Gary Cockerill

We all had those days where we don't want  to look like a living zombie or having our face caked on like a clown. A natural look can change what you looked like before, to a whole new different look. This look can be your "No Makeup" Makeup look. It's easier than it seems, so grab your makeup brushes and lets get to it.

Text:
"This understated neutral make-up, where all the tones flow together, looks beautiful and healthy in the day or evening. It's easy to achieve and suits everyone, as long as you pick warm, soft tones that work with your skin, a multipurpose product for the eyes, lips, and cheeks is ideal." (Cockerill 14)

Paraphrased:
To create a natural/neutral makeup look, you need to have tones that work and flow together so it looks healthy and not fake. The tones you need are warm and soft tones that work with your skin. And using multipurpose products, is ideal because they can make an even more natural look.

Impact:
Previously, before I picked this book, I would create "natural" looks. But they weren't exactly "natural" per-say. I wasn't using the right colors for my particular skin tone, I would pick up harsh tones and they would be all cool tones, which don't fit with my skin tone.  I wouldn't either go way too dark, or way too light, this was another story of Goldilocks and the three bears. So what I've learned, ALWAYS PICK THE RIGHT SHADE, FIND ONE THAT IS JUSTTTT RIGHTTT.

Text:
" ...I defined her brows with a brow powder one shade lighter than her hair, and swept an apricot eyeshadow into her socket and under the lower lash line at the outer edge of her eyes...with a coat of mascara this dressed up the eyes just enough. The lipstick is neutral and tones with the eyes...I added apricot blush to warm up her cheeks, with champagne highlighter along the cheekbones for a youthful sheen." (Cockerill 12)

Paraphrased:
Gary Cockerill used a brow powder a shade lighter for the brows, so it wouldn't be so harsh on the girl's skin. Then he used an apricot eyeshadow into a socket and lower lash line on the outer edge. Then he put a coat of mascara, so it dressed it up. And then used a lipstick that was neutral and worked with the eyes. Then he added an apricot blush to add color to her cheeks, and a champagne highlighter along the cheekbones for a youthful look.

Impact:
I have taken away from this paragraph was that using a shade lighter for your brows makes her face more lighter and not as harsh. I personally, am all about the dark eyebrows, but making them just a little bit lighter made the look seemed more put together, and you can say, more "natural".

Final Look

Question: What are your daily must-have product or something you just can't live without?
A: (Mascara and/or Eyebrow Pencil)

Peace Out,
Tia Nguyen

Cockerill, Gary. Simply Glamorous: Make-up transformations to make you look & feel fabulous. New York, NY 10010 St. Martin's Press New York

8 comments:

  1. I didn't realize that there are many aspects needed to be looked at when putting on make up. I find it hard to find make up that doesn't make me look washed out and paler than I already am. This was very helpful on what shade of make up I should and shouldn't use. Especially on what shade I need to make my eyebrows because I can't stand my eyebrows.

    Typically, I don't wear that much make up, since I don't like covering up my freckles. As well as the fact that make up can be so expensive these days. It's difficult to find quality make up that is affordable. So I was wondering, if you knew any brands off mascara that is cheap and still makes my eyelashes look amazing? I only really use mascara because I feel like I look sick without it. I can never go out in public without mascara on, it's a definite need with me.

    Thank you for the advice on make up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Hannah! :)
      You are very welcome of the advice. I'm not a professional at makeup in any way shape or form but, personally, my top 2 favorite mascaras are the Two Faced Better Than Sex mascara, it provides more of a clumped long look, but if you want a drugstore one, I love anything from Cover-girl, the one I used specifically is the Lash Blast. It isn't a clumpy mascara, the wand in it gives you long lashes and separates them. Honestly, if you want not highend makeup, Cover-girl is the way to go :)

      Sincerely,
      Tia Nguyen

      Delete
  2. Hey Tia! I love how you're so passionate on the makeup topic and can talk about it so comfortably. I like the way you fill in your eyebrows, it looks really soothing :)

    I wasn't really into makeup before but I'm starting to get more and more interested in it as time comes and your blogs are helping me get started on how I should apply the makeup and what shades would look better on me and what shades I shouldn't wear. I usually prefer a mascara that doesn't clump my eyelashes together but just makes them look longer.

    Keep slaying Tia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Simranpreet,
      Thank you so much, my eyebrows are something that I really work hard on! I'm glad you enjoyed my blog, and the future blogs to come!

      Sincerely,
      Tia

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tia, I absolutely loved this post! I find that when getting ready for school I tend to stick to natural looks due to the fact that I have no time to get ready in the morning. This post has definitely helped me out in knowing to go for more warm, soft tones rather than harsher, cool tones. And the biggest problem for me is foundation. I have searched high and low for the correct shade for my skin, but I am so fair it gets really hard because many foundations oxidize on my skin. I will definitely start using warmer tones for my natural makeup looks. Can't wait to see what you post about next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jolie,
      Thank you so much. So glad this post helped you out! I too had problems with foundation, because it can get pretty pricey and during the winter I'm a different skin tone than what I am during the summer and vice versa. I recommended, getting a white shade and summer shade, and a tip is to try to avoid orangy tones to anything, since you have fair skin. I wish you luck on your foundation journey.

      Delete
  5. Hi Tia! I loved your post, makeup is something that I'm really passionate about too. I never really thought too much about the warm and cool tones, I always just used what I thought was pretty and would look good, but ill definitely consider that. I don't typically wear foundation, and when I wear eyeshadow I usually like to use orangey-red colors, because they complement my eyes(theyre blue-green). I like to experiment with my eye makeup a lot and try new things. I also love mascara-my eyelashes are a very important part of my makeup routine.

    ReplyDelete