Friday, December 30, 2016

What Bag Should You Carry?

When you are going out and about, it can be tricky to decide on what bag to carry with you. That's why in this post hopefully I will be able to help you out with that!

In Tim Gunn's book "Tim Gunn's Fashion Bible" on page 277 it discusses what types of bags you should carry to certain places and events.

When you are going out to a formal event Gunn suggests "Formal event: tiny clutch" (Gunn and Calhoun 277). By wearing a small clutch it is also practical because you shouldn't have to carry so many things with you. When you look at this picture of Chrissy Teigen, you can see that the small clutch not only looks great with her look but is also practical because the most she needs to carry with her is her phone and a couple of other items that are small enough to it in her bag.


When you are going out to attend a business meeting Gunn says that you should carry a leather briefcase or carryall bag, this makes you look more professional which you should aim for since it's a business meeting (Gunn and Calhoun 277). By using a carryall or briefcase it is also practical, because in meetings you may be handing out papers or receiving them, and these bags have enough space for you to carry those papers. Also, they have room for your laptop or electronics that you may need for your meeting.












For most of us teens, we are usually out for dinner with family or friends, Gunn recommends carrying "smallish leather or metallic bag" (Gunn and Calhoun 277). A small bag is good when you are going out to eat because it can hold all your necessities, which are probably your phone, wallet, and maybe some other items. By having the bag be leather or metallic, it makes your look, fancier, and adds a little pop! When I go out to dinner I like to take my small black leather bag, because it goes with everything and I can fit everything that I need in it.


What type of bag do you most often carry? 

Gunn, Tim, and Ada Calhoun.Tim Gunn's Fashion Bible: The Fascinating History of Everything in Your Closet. New York: Gallery, 2012. Print.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Baljot, I love this post! I most often carry my Marc Jacobs, black leather crossbody. I also have my grey fluff ball keychain on it for a fun accessory. I use this for basically all of my occasions, its very easy to carry and has room for all the things I usually need with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ava! Thanks for commenting! I think your black leather crossbody sounds like a great bag to carry with you because the neutral color will go with anything. I also think that crossbody bags are great because you can wear it as a shoulder bag or a crossbody. I like how you include the fluff ball keychain as an accessory because it can add a bit of your own touch to the bag to show your style!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Baljot!!

    This post really opens my eyes on what bag would be right to carry for an event. Usually when I go out anywhere, I take my Michael Kors or Guess crossbody. It's very convenient and as you said, it's easier to carry all the things I usually need with me. These things include my phone, my permit and some chapstick just in case. The purse is very roomy for these items and it makes it easier for me to take out all the things I need whenever I need them.

    I can really relate to this blog post because you mentioned all the reasons why I carry my purse with me. I loved all the pictures you used on your post because it makes it all the more interesting to read.

    I enjoy reading your blogs, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Simranpreet!
      Thanks for commenting! I'm glad that my post was helpful for you! I think having a small yet roomy bag is perfect because its so much easier to find all your items! Hope to see your comments on my future blog posts!

      Delete
  4. Hi Baljot! I really enjoyed reading through your blog! For me personally, I do not like to carry around big bags because I usually do not have much stuff to carry and they are always a hassle for me to carry around everywhere. So, I usually either carry a wristlet in which I keep my permit and money, or I sometimes carry a crossbody bag in which I keep my small essentials in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jaspreet! I'm glad that you enjoyed reading my blog! I also don't like to carry large bags because I don't have much to carry. I also have wristlets, but I don't frequently carry them because I have to carry my medical supplies with me as well. I will most often be carrying a small shoulder bag or cross-body bag, with all of my essentials. Thanks for commenting, I hope to see comments from you in my future posts!

      Delete