Sunday, December 11, 2016

Sun-Blazed God-ish



EYE SHADOW
Simply Glamorous: Gary Cockerill

So this is my attempt of eye shadow, not too shabby, but not great either. I've always wanted to get better at eye shadow cause it creates a look natural, smoky, bronze, and etc. So lets get onto it.

The Complete Eye Makeup 

Text:
"10) Using a medium-sized brush, I applied gold shimmer eyeshadow to the main part of the eyelid, taking it into the natural socket crease and just underneath the eye at the inner corner.
11)I added a rich rusty brown matte eyeshadow to the outer corner and blended it into the shimmer powder on the lid to create more depth.
12) To combat the slight droop of her eye lids, I used a pencil brush and the same eyeshadow to cut out a crease just above the natural socket line, following its curve.
13) I swept the same color under the eye with an angled brush, taking it from the outer corner and fading it into the gold color at the inner corner.
14) Then I used a blending brush to soften all the edges and make the colors connect, with no hard lines.
15) I applied black mascara to the top lashes and let it dry before adding individual lashes and clusters of false lashes to add fullness, followed by another coat of mascara on the roots only to add dept. (The false lashes are optional and if you're doing this look for the daytime, don't go there.)
16) I lined the upper lash line with a black gel liner, keeping as close to the roots of the lashes as possible. Then I smudged a little black eyeshadow over it, creating the impression of a shadow above the lash line, which makes the lashes look thicker. ....
18) I applied mascara to the lower lashes, holding a tissue under them to protect the skin from smudges.
19) To finish off the eye, I added a little gold pigment to the inner corner and to the very middle part of the lid, so the shimmer is visible when the eye is open. This catches the light, drawing attention to the eyes and is great for an evening look. Using a smaller brush, I also added a touch of the shimmery pigment under the lower lash line at the inner corner of the eye." (Cockerill Pg.82)

Paraphrased:
Starting off, using a medium sized brush, put gold eyeshadow all over your main port of you eyelid up to the natural socket crease. Then using a rust brown matte eyeshadow put it on the outer corner and blend it into the gold shadow which creates depth. Use a pencil brush to cut out a crease above natural socket line with the brown eyeshadow. Also using the same color, use with an angled brush taking from outer corner and fade into gold color, and blend it. Put mascara on, and apply fake eyelashes, when going out at night. Line upper lash line with black gel liner, and smudge little bit of black eyeshadow. Then apply mascara to the lower lashes. To finish, at little bit of gold pigment to the inner corner of eyes to brighten.

Impact:
Following this tutorial, I learned how to correctly apply eyeshadow. I used to do it willy-nilly, but now my eyeshadow skills have gotten better. I learned what brushes are used for what, and where the colors should be placed.

Text:
"Tip Keep your eyes open when you cut out the crease on your socket line, so you can see where you're placing it . It needs to be visible when your eyes are open to create depth and make your eyes look bigger." (Cockerill Pg.82)

Paraphrased:
Keeping your eyes open when you do a cut crease, is easier so you know where you are placing it where it can be seen.

Impact:
Personally, I can never do a cut crease or just creasing in general, I have always closed my eyes, and I would just guess, but it usually never works, and it doesn't always look great. But now, I know how to do it right, and now my makeup game is stronger as ever.








Question:  What are your must-have palettes? Ones that blend nicely, and/or pigmented.

Peace Out,
Tia Nguyen

Cockerill, Gary. Simply Glamorous: Make-up transformations to make you look & feel fabulous. New York, NY 10010 St. Martin's Press New York

3 comments:

  1. First of all, your makeup looks amazing in this! Second, what a great post Tia! This has been so helpful because I have the hardest time with eye shadow. I realized my biggest problem is I never blend. I do light shades on my lid and darker shades on the outer corners and above my crease, but I don't blend it out enough so it always looks so harsh. I also didn't know that when doing a cut crease I should keep my eyes open. That is a very helpful tip because, just like you, I kept my eyes closed and just guessed which never looks quite right. I will definitely be applying all of these tips when doing my eye shadow! I have always been a big fan of shimmery shades but, I have no mattes in my collection. I will for sure get some to add more depth when doing my eye shadow. Thank you for the great advice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jolie,
      You are surely welcome, before I started to get into makeup, I didn't know what blending was, and it created this harsh look on my eyes, and that was a big no no. So blend blend blend, is the key to make it look like it's your end end end.

      Sincerely,
      Tia Nguyen

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete