Thursday, January 25, 2018

Air Fryer: molten lava cake

Air Fryer: Molten Lava Cake

My first time using the air fryer was a bit crazy. I did not know what i was doing but it ended up working right. For my 1st recipe i decided i would try to make a molten lava cake because it was overall very simple and sounded delicious. 

The ingredients i used were:
  • 1.5 tbsp of self-rising flour
  • 3.5 tbsp pure cane sugar 
  • 3.5 oz butter 
  • 3.5 oz chopped dark chocolate
  • 2 eggs
First i gathered my ingredients and preheated the air fryer to 375F. The recipe said to get 4 regular size ramekins and grease and flour them lightly. Then to melt the chocolate and butter into bowl and to whisk the eggs and add sugar, self-rising flour and the chocolate butter mixture. it then said to fill the bowl 3/4 full and put in the preheated air fryer for 10 minutes and let it rest for 2 minutes.

1st lava cake
2nd lava cake
When I made my 1st lava cake it was a bit overcooked, the middle was completely cooked ruining the lava effect. When i put the 2nd lava cake in I cooked for 8 minutes instead to hopefully get the desired runny effect. The 8 minutes worked perfectly, the inside was runny and it made the lava cake taste so much better. The lava cakes were an overall success!


Have you ever used an air fryer? Would you ever use one if you hadn't?

2 comments:

  1. Great job on your lava cakes Emily! I also have an air fryer, but I have only used it to reheat frozen fries and chicken strips. This recipe looks easy and fun, so I would love to try it out sometime soon!

    -Alexis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! My family's intention was to use it to defrost frozen food but i wanted to try some of the recipes.

      Delete