Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Basketball Gear When Practicing

Campbell, Forest G. An Insider's Guide to Basketball. Rosen Publishing's Rosen Central, 2015.
Introduction
Basketball is beginning to be talked about as becoming America's biggest sport, overtaking football. In basketball there are many types of shots a player can choose from. Some require a higher skill level and tons of practice such as the jump shot, while some are pretty easy such as the lay up and dunk (as long as you can get up there). While reading An Insiders Guide to Basketball by Forest G. Campbell and Fred Ramen, I learned a few tips that can help players improve their game, specifically on the offensive side.

What I Recommend When Practicing
  • Basketball Shoes (Usually for smaller guards like myself, I like to wear mid tops or low top shoes because you want to be agile and cut across the floor as fast as possible. For bigger players like centers and forwards, I'd wear high top or mid top shoes because you don't want to come down on someone's foot after you rise up for a rebound and then end up on the hardwood floor with a sprained ankle)
  • Shorts
  • Basketball court with a decent hoop with a net
  • A basketball 
  • A friend to get your rebounds (optional)

4 comments:

  1. Jerico I am also into Basketball. I have also heard about how Basketball is starting to be more talked about than Football in America. Also, I strongly agree with you about what you recommended when practicing. I also bring a friend to practice along with to have competition and also to get my rebounds when shooting around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool Harnoor. It is much more fun to bring a friend or two with you to the court because it gets annoying having to chase the ball down once you miss a shot.

      Delete
  2. Hey Jerico. I agree with the fact that smaller guards should wear low top shoes because they need to be able to move quickly and freely without any restraints. And I also think having a friend/partner is a good thing to have when practicing your shot. keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sean. Thanks for the comment! I used to wear high top shoes most of the time because when I was younger I used to be one of the tallest on the team but since middle school, my height has slowed down so now I been buying low top sneakers to hoop.

      Delete