Thursday, January 25, 2018

Yoga for Athletes

 

Shoulders:

One of the most used parts of the body and a common site for injury is the shoulders. Crisscross pose provides a shoulder stretch to ease tightness and tension in the shoulder. For any sport that you do always make sure you stretch out your shoulders to keep them strong and healthy. 

Crisscross Pose 

1. Lie down on your abdomen, and rest on both forearms.
2. Turn your right palm face-up.
3. Slide your right arm behind your left arm, and straighten your right arm to the left. 
3. Flip your left palm up, and straighten your left arm to the right so that both arms cross each other 
4. Relax your head down to the floor. 
5. Switch the arm on top 
Picture from book sorry 




2 comments:

  1. Hi Mia, thanks for sharing these helpful tips on stretching shoulders. I really like that you gave step by step instructions. My shoulders are constantly sore from swimming, and I'm always looking for new ways to stretch them out; I've never seen this one before. I will definitely try it out soon. Do you find it to be an effective stretch? What's your favorite way to stretch out your shoulders?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mia, thank you for your helpful hint I will definitely using this before my soccer games now to loosen my arms and be able to play at a high capacity. Please let me know if you know any other helpful tips or hints!

    ReplyDelete