Thursday, January 25, 2018

Hair and Bow placement
By: Sanai Maraire
Besides all the hard work I put into cheer getting the perfect ponytail and bow placement is a lot of work. Our ponytails give us more enthusiasm and spark to our performances. In the book You’ve Got Spirit it says, “Cheerleaders use their ponytails like an extra pom pom for emphasis and style.” (Hunt 40) When a girl in the middle of the pyramid is moving up she can do a little hair flip or head roll to emphasis her face and spunky attitude. The bow usually or does show your team colors, the bow has at least one of your team colors in it. My coach is very critical about how our hair looks and the way our bows face. Some teams have low ponytails with their bows facing towards the back or they have a high pony tell and the bow faces the crowd. Its all on your coach’s perspective!!!!

First thing I do is brush my hair out to make sure no hair is tangled

Second, I part my hair into 2 sections so I can braid because my coach wants 2 braids and a ponytail

Third, I gather my hair up into a ponytail and get gel or any type of edge control to get my sides to slick up. NO FLY AWAY!!!!!!

Next, I brush my gel into my sides and brush my hair up.

 Last and final step, I tie my bow into my head making sure its Minnie mouse style!!!
Hunt, Sara R. You've Got Spirit!: Cheers, Chants, Tips, and Tricks Every Cheerleader Needs to Know. Millbrook Press, 2013


  


1 comment:

  1. Hey Sanai, i really enjoyed reading your blog a lot! i liked how you talked about the different ponytail styles and how it's the coaches decision which helps non-cheerleaders know it is not really up to you guys.

    ReplyDelete