Friday, January 26, 2018

Rearranging a bedroom

Recently my friend ask me if I would help rearrange her room as well as organize it. Instantly I jumped up and got real excited even though every teenager would hate the idea of cleaning. I have never actually cleaned one of my friends rooms and I did enjoy it don't get me wrong but I am someone who loves to take control of a situation even if it's something out of my comfort zone. So, the plan was to move her bed around, get a new desk built, a new chair built, and mount the TV on the opposite wall. Obviously I am no bob the builder but I can say I've had days were I can take control of the power tools and build some pretty cool stuff. I'm someone who is very visual and can see anything I put my mind too. I try to not take control but lets be honest, when you really want to be a interior designer you realize how much you love control over a room. So, as we talk about rearranging there are steps and some tips I have just to help you have fun. 
Tips:
1. Pick music you can dance to, sing to, and Blare as loud as possible. this tip is number one only because music keeps you calm and you need something to help you pass time as you do something you dread doing.
2. Don't start throwing things out into different rooms and expecting everything to fit back in. If you have a lot of items in your room, I recommend doing things in sections if your parents are anything like mine and hate to see that your room has thrown up all over the hallway then I suggest to keep things at a minimum and only take big things out like your bed or dresser.
3. Let storage containers be your friend! Containers are a great way to label items and store them on a shelf for easy grab and go access.
4. Before you begin to move things around and redecorate, I highly suggest you have an idea for your room like where your bed is going to be, dresser or even your desk. if you are helping someone rearrange their room, do not be afraid to put your opinion into the mix even if they have the idea laid out.
In these two photos, you can see she had her bed, a night stand, chair and a desk that was off to the right that's not seen. But as of the other picture, this was what her bed faced. she had her TV hanging on the wall with a stand underneath holding books and misc. She also had a cute chair that held stuffed animals from her childhood. the plan she had laid out was to put the bed where the TV is and the TV where the bed is; so this included lots of clean up before moving items. So for you at home, if you are deciding to change up your room setup I suggest to start with garbage items, try and scope out your room for items you don't need or just general garbage. Also, clothes are a major problem for a room and can make it look quite messy and get in your way, so a tip for this would be to do laundry and let it wash while you clean your room; so it's like you are doing two things at once!






So in this final picture, this is how her room turned out. I gave my suggestion as to putting the bed in the center and she really liked the look; obviously her desk is a little bigger than expected but it works. The TV and stand was all kept in the same spot as we did not want to over crowd her room on either side. If you plan on doing something with your room, I highly suggest to look over magazines, Pinterest surf, or even search up "rearranging my room" on google! There are so many great tips out there and finding the perfect ones for your room can make the cleaning and rearranging process seem like a breeze. as we reach the end of this blog post, my question to you guys is: do you ever rearrange you room maybe by changing your bed situation or even just putting new items in and what might be your tip to making it less stressful?

1 comment:

  1. Taylor, these are some great tips for cleaning a bedroom! When I rearrange my room, which happens a couple times a year, I usually move my bed and desk to a different side of the room to change it up a bit. My tip would be to throw way any trash or recycle old papers lying around before you get started redecorating to clean up space!

    -Alexis

    ReplyDelete