Saturday, January 27, 2018

Doughnuts - Maple Glaze

Maple glaze has always been another one of my favorites. So when I had found the recipe in my book, I had to try it. Just like the other glaze recipes, this one also had only 3 ingredients and was only 1 step. 

Ingredients
11/2 cups of confectioner's sugar (sifted)
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
2 tablespoons of milk or water (I used milk)

Steps
1. Place the sugar in a medium bowl and stir the maple syrup and milk to make a smooth pourable glaze. 


The confectioner's sugar and Maple Syrup




The recipe made it very clear on how to make the maple glaze. My first batch was perfect! Unlike the chocolate glaze, the maple glaze actually tasted the way it was supposed to. Sifting the confectioner's sugar also made it easier to mix all the components well together. However, I did have to add a bit more maple syrup to the glaze mix because at first the glaze tasted only like the confectioner's sugar. I added about a half a teaspoon. I loved how simple and easy it was to make this glaze, and it was delicious!


What do you guys think? Do you like maple glaze on doughnuts? Would you ever try making this?

No comments:

Post a Comment