Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Hello Cupcakes!! 

On my other blogs, I focused on the cupcakes and frosting designs. However, this time, I decided to make homemade vanilla buttercream frosting. Making frosting is much more simple than I thought it would be. Anyways, thanks to page 227 from the book Hello Cupcakes by Karen Tack and Alan Richardson I got a recipe for the frosting. 

The ingredients you'll need are ;
1 container (16 ounces) Marshmallow Fluff
3 sticks unsalted butter, softened and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
1/2 cup confectioners sugar, plus addition if needed

I actually didn't have marshmallow fluff at home, so all I did was add an extra 2 cups of powdered sugar into the recipe, and I added a tablespoon of milk. The steps to making the frosting were pretty simple. Page 227 tells us "Spoon the Marshmallow Fluff into a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on low. Gradually add the butter pieces, beating well after each addition, until smooth. Add vanilla extract and the 1/2 cup confectioners sugar. Scrape the bowl well to incorporate. Add more confectioners sugar, if necessary, to adjust the texture." 

When I mixed the sugar and butter together, it was very clumpy and I thought I messed it up, so if that happens dont worry about it because once i added some milk, it turned out smooth and creamy. Just keep on mixing it until it's not clumpy. If your frosting is too thick, add some milk, but if it's too thin then add more powdered sugar. At the end I added a pinch of salt to cut out the sweetness. 

Here is the finished frosting, it was very smooth and it was 100% times better than store-bought frosting because it didn't have that cloying sweetness, and it just tasted better. If you ever make cupcakes and you have all of these ingredients at home, you should make frosting because it's much more delicious. 

Hopefully your frosting looked like this as your finished product. 














To go along with the frosting I decided to bake a cake, after it was done I spread the frosting on top and cut up some strawberries. It doesn't look as good as a cake from the store but it sure did taste better. 

Thank you for reading my blog posts, it was a fun ride, and it made me expand on my creativity. I hope you learned something from my posts. Thank you!


What's your favorite type of frosting? Do you think you'll make your own sometime? 

Richardson, Alan, and Karen Tack. Hello, Cupcake! Houghton Mifflin, 2009. 






No comments:

Post a Comment