Monday, January 29, 2018

Make up and Facial Expressions
By: Sanai Maraire
In the You’ve Got Spirit it says, “Makeup is worn as a jumbo bow or a uniform to emphases the facial expressions” (Hunt 30) I agree with this idea very much. Our coach always makes us wear make up our competitions. She tells us light make up but other girls especially the flyers add extra glitter or sparkle because they want their facial expressions to stand out. I don’t really wear makeup an all, I hate wearing makeup so when comp season comes around its always the death of me. I usually just wear highlight and lip stick with lip gloss to give my lips a pop. What I’m really supposed to wear is blush, eye shadow, and red lip stick.
you can see here in the picture Mikayla is wearing eye shadow with extra glitter and deep read lip stick. she topped it off with light blush. 

I think make up can enhance your features very greatly because if I’m moving up in the back to the front I can turn my head to the side to show off my highlight and do a little mini wink for coward to top it off.






Facial expressions are what the judged love to see in the book You’ve got spirit it says, “facial expressions are like your bread and butter for the judges” (Hunt 15). Weather it’s a wink or a wave when you hit your stunts. Our coach tells are facial expressions are must and they will make the judges remember us. Sometimes I sing with the music and make a duck face of something. Facial expressions are good like your cheer topper.
Image result for cheerleaders doing facial expressions Since I can’t post my video of me cheering at my comp because of the size this girl has big facial expressions while she’s dancing. She’s probably staring right at the judges and telling them she came here to win. 
Hunt, Sara R. You've Got Spirit!: Cheers, Chants, Tips, and Tricks Every Cheerleader Needs to Know. Millbrook Press, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment