Thursday, January 25, 2018

Sewing: Gathering a Bow

Making a Simple Bow

Making this bow was new but very easy for me because the process was very simple and used things that I already know how to do and also things that I have learned from reading "The Book of Cosplay Sewing" by Svetlana Quindt.
I first, cut out a rectangle of fabric and folded it into a neater rectangle with no edges hanging out. Next, I grabbed my needle and hand sewed a running stitch where I wanted to bow to come together [the middle of the bow]. After sewing all the way through, I pulled the thread to gather the fabric into a bunch and proceeded to tie a knot at the end when I was satisfied with the bow shape. All I did after that was wrap another piece of fabric down the middle part to cover up the bunching of the fabric and secured it with pins until the fabric glue that I have used on it dried to end up as a cute little bow!

No comments:

Post a Comment