Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Origami Fish

Now we're going to fold an origami fish.
(I struggled with a few steps, so I got my sister help me just so I can understand them.)



Have a Square piece of paper ready,
blank side up if you're using a
colored sheet of paper.
Step 1; Fold the paper in half vertically.















Step 2: Rotate 90° and grab the
corner to fold into the crease
made earlier.

Step 3: Do the same thing in Step 2
 but on the other side.














Step 5: Fold in half.

Step 4: Make a new crease just to pop the
fold down. (Confusing)














Step 7: Fold the corner to make it touch
the other side.

Step 6: Fold in half again, but hotdog style












Step 8: fold the bottom corner over
the triangle you just made.
Step 9: Fold the bottom corner backward
to be able to use it later.















Step 10: Fold the corner into the body,
this help round the head.
Step 11: Use the triangle you made earlier
to fold into itself.















Step 12: Fold the point leftover and
fold it into the gap you made
in Step 11.
Step 13: Reverse fold the inner tail.


















Lang, Robert J. “The Complete Book of Origami.” The Complete Book of Origami, Dover, 1988, pp. 9–10.




2 comments:

  1. Hi James, I really enjoyed how easy this origami fish was. I also liked how your steps were easy to follow. I used to be able to fold origami fishes from memory, but since I haven't done origami in a very long time, I have forgotten the steps. But thanks to your steps, I will be able to memorize them and fold origami fishes whenever I want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jonathan, glad to hear you will be able to memorize the steps to make the origami fish. I hope you'll enjoy making fishes.

    ReplyDelete