Sunday, January 29, 2017

A little Popcorny :)

Popcorn Balls

I chose to make this for my last blog post because I felt like it was a really fun dish to share with you all and it would be cool to try to make! So without further ado here are the listed ingredients: 

Ingredients:

-3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup margarine
- 2 teaspoons cold water
-2 teaspoons cold water
-2 5/8 cup sugar
- 5 quarts plain popped popcorn

After gathering these ingredients which took awhile due to the process of popping all that popcorn with our handy popcorn machine as pictured below:
popcorn machine for premium popping :)

Popcorn kernels before popping
  I following the books instructions which stated, " In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the corn syrup, margarine, cold water, confectioners' sugar and marshmallows. Heat and stir until the mixture comes to a boil" (Meredith). Then, to paraphrase my book it said to mix the popped popcorn with the hot mixture. Here are some pictures of this step:
Corn syrup and others heating
Mixture being poured over popcorn

The next step was to mold the popcorn into balls with my hands the book said to keep cold water by so the popcorn didn't stick to my hands . Simple right? Well after many attempts including adding dry popcorn it wasn't forming. But here is a picture of the final bowl of popcorn:
popcorn that sadly wouldn't form

 Overall, even if the popcorn wasn't going into a ball shape we could still enjoy it so it wasn't quite a lose. Plus I had fun when I opened up the popcorn machine thinking it was done only to be shot at by flying popcorn ! 

Question: What has been your funniest experience with baking/ trying something new?

No comments:

Post a Comment