Sunday, January 29, 2017

What the *Fudge* !!

Chocolate Fudge


This dish I wanted to make for a post because it is at every holiday party I attend courtesy of my lovely grandmother. So I thought why not try it ! So I gathered the following list of ingredients: 

Ingredients:

- 11/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 11/2 cups (9 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate morsels 
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.

To start, I had to line a 8 inch baking ban with foil. Then, after doing that I combined sugar, butter, salt, and evaporated milk into a saucepan. Then, my book said, " Bring to a full boil whilst stirring constantly for 4 to 5 minutes, remove from heat" (Meredith). I then followed the instructions , to paraphrase my book told me to add in the marshmallows, morsels, and vanilla extract then stir until the marshmallows are melted in. Here are some pictures of that:
chocolate, melted marshmallow, etc. mixture.
First mixture of milk, sugar, butter, etc.


After that, I poured the mixture into the baking pan and cooled over a period of a few hours. This wasn't a tough dessert to make because it was quick and there was nothing to really time. So after it cooled the end product looked like this:

poured into pan (not cooled)
Cut after cooled

Ready to serve!!

 This although not quite being a challenge was fun to make and I'm glad I did because I enjoyed it a lot. Also, I was very pleases with the turn out because it looks great!

Question: Have you made any desserts that are made by your family? If so what and how was the experience recreating the dish?

Citation: Corperation, Meredith. New Cookbook. Des Moines, IA: Better Homes and Gardens, 2002. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment