Saturday, January 28, 2017

The Perfect Fit For You

Finding The Peanut Better To Your Jelly

Simply Glamorous: Gary Cockerill

You may have asked, "Wow Tia, your makeup skills are beyond beautiful and I love looking at your blog posts, but I wanna start doing makeup, but what colors suit me?" That is a wonderful question you should ask because you wouldn't want to have a foundation that isn't your skin tone to start with. Makeup is used to enhance your beauty, because everyone is unique in their own special way.
As my last blog post, I want to help you find what suits for you, and what makes you feel as beautiful as can be, from what colors to use to learn what you should do to enhance your natural beauty.

To Find the Perfect Eye-Shadow Color for your Eyes, Hair, and Skin Tone-

Text:
" Eye color
Brown Eyes - Coppers, ambers, grays, charcoals, purples, greens, peaches, bronzes, teal, navy
Blue/Gray Eyes - Peaches, purples, silvers, pink tones, oranges, coppers, bronzes, golds, slate
Green Eyes - Burgundies, berry tones, purples, rusts, mauves, plums, apricots, grays
Hazel Eyes - Purples, rich golds, yellowy browns, dusty pinks, grays taupes
Skin Tone
Light - Silver Hues, subtle washes, soft tones 
Fair - Taupes, browns, golds, soft tones
Medium - Greens, plums, purple, golds, gronzes
Dark - Red tones, taupes, bronzes, golds, purples
Deep - The most pigmented colors, rich purples, deep red-based tones, nothing ashing or too pearlized
Hair Color
Brunette - Browns, golds, green purples, black
Blonde - Golds, pinks, grays, black, greens, blues
Red - Pinks, golds, greens, olives, black" (Cockerill )

Paraphrased: 
This quote is stating what eye shadow colors is the best color for each type of eyes, skin tones, and hair color.

Impact:
Personally, I started off only using bronze colors, cause it was something I would always reach for, because it was the first color of eyeshadow I got, and I constantly always use. I never would have thought that green, and purple eyeshadow would ever look good on me. It never seemed to cross my mind about using those certain colors. It had expanded my horizon and my view on makeup, because now I have learned that greens and purples work good with my skin tone, hair, and eyes.

Dark Purple Eye Look 

Creased Purple Eye Look 













Text: 
" Be brave. Don't dismiss a color, texture, or look until you try it. You may be surprised to discover that something you always thought would never suit you actually looks fantastic. Be creative. There are always ways to adapt a look to make it work for you. If you don't like the color combinations, try different ones; if you think false lashes will be too much for you, just wear mascara; if you don't want matte lips, choose a satin finish instead." 

Paraphrased: 
This quote is stating that you shouldn't stay in the same color range, or use the same eye-shadows constantly, because you won't be able to find color textures, or colors that would work with your skin tones and or physical features. Also, try different color combinations and different types of textures. Plus, don't be scared to experiment with lashes. 

Impact:
I have always used the same color scheme over and over, bronze, bronze, and of course more bronze. I never had really experiment with anything else. Then eventually, I started to change it up a bit. Also, I never really use lashes, but lately, I started to become very into lashes, and use them all the time in all my looks. So without going out of my comfort zone, I wouldn't have found something I end up loving.

Question: Have you ever gone outside of the box when dealing with eye-shadows? If so, what color you found out works the best for you?

Peace Out,
Tia Nguyen

Cockerill, Gary. Simply Glamorous: Make-up transformations to make you look & feel fabulous. New York, NY 10010 St. Martin's Press New York

No comments:

Post a Comment