Saturday, January 14, 2017

Photo Shoot with Mr. Elephant

            Hi there!
In the past, I've always thought that origami elephants were extremely cute, and it would be cool if I could make one. But in the end, I never got to it. However, my current IRP book has instructions on how to make an elephant. So, I thought, “Why not?”  So, if you can’t already tell, I’m making an origami elephant.





So, for this particular elephant, many of the steps says to “inside reverse fold” (Kasahara 164,165). And if you remember my first post, you would know I struggled with this particular fold since it was my first time doing it in a while. But, to my surprise, doing the inside reverse fold for the elephant was easier than I thought. Though, similar to the Llama origami instruction, it said from steps 16 to 20, to look at the next step, observe it then fold (Kasahara 164). This was not very helpful since I need words to tell me how to fold since the arrows was very confusing. By some stroke of luck, I was able to make the elephant.





By making this elephant, I learned that pressing down hard when you make your creases will make it less hard for you when you do your folds (ex. Inside reverse fold).

After I finished making my origami elephant, I had a small photo shoot with him. Enjoy the photos!











Question: There are many variations of the same origami; what origami elephant variations have you seen?
Citation: Kasahara, Kunihiko. Origami Omnibus: Paper-folding for Everybody. Tokyo: Japan Publications, 1988. Print.



 Everything that is not related to elephants, is irrelephant.😏😏

No comments:

Post a Comment