Sunday, January 29, 2017

Hatching

            Sadly, this will be last blog post for this quarter. Over the past few months, I've done many shading techniques such as dark-to-light shading, crosshatching, and my most recent one which was toning. In this blog, I'll try to finish it with a technique that I think is really useful to create depth and value. It's called hatching. Basically what is is is instead of crossing dark lines like you do in crosshatching, you just create dark lines around your drawing and in it to create a sense of depth (Willenbrink 86).

The key element in hatching is to use the lines in the correct sense. Lines are very important in any shading technique, no matter which one your using. Lines are also connected closely to composition. "Lines can be indicated through a pattern of elements, such as stepping stones that lead the view to another place in the composition. Lines can also guide the viewer to a focal point, which is the center of interest in a composition" (Willenbrink 92). You want to follow these tips carefully or no one will enjoy looking at your artwork.
For this blog, I chose to draw Bruce Lee, and I honestly don't know why. It wast just the first thing that came to mind, but as you can see, their are no shades in the body, but it still looks 3-dimensional. This is because of the shades in the lines on the outside.

   I hope that you really enjoyed all of my previous blogs! I learned about so many things ranging from sports to cultural performances. Even though some of mine were challenging for me, I know that now, I've increased my drawing skills.
Bibliography: Willenbrink, Mark, and Mary Willenbrink.  

Drawing for the Absolute Beginner: A Clear & Easy Guide to Successful Drawing. Cincinnati, OH: North Light, 2006. Print.
Last Question: What was your favorite drawing out of all of my blogs? 


3 comments:

  1. Hey Abdi!
    I love your drawings I saw a lot of cool techniques used in this drawing and your previous drawings. so to answer your question I can't pick one that is my favorite since they all show immense growth. Also, I hope you pursue drawing as you are very talented!

    -Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment. I highly appreciate it, and appreciate how you think all showed immense growth. Again, Thank You!

      Delete
  2. Hey Abdi
    I really enjoy your drawings and how they look so realistic. To answer your question I really liked your drawing of Spider-Man because that is my favorite super hero. I hope you continue drawing even though you are done doing these blog posts because you are a very talented artist

    ReplyDelete