Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Oh look, it's a Llama

         I've always thought that stuff (animal) llamas and alpacas were cute; and when I came across this origami, I knew I had to do make it.
         The book "Origami Omnibus Paper Folding For Everybody" states that, "The llama is an animal of the greatest importance to the people who live high in the Andes Mountains of South America" (Kasahara 144). Which was news to me, since I did not know where Llamas specifically lived. This gave me more of a reason to fold it, since I now know more about it.    




The Llama directions were quite confusing. Instructions such as look at the structure in the next step, observe what it looks like, now fold it into that structure (Kasahara 144).  But after looking at the picture again and again, I managed to make the fold.
           In this specific origami, I learned that looking ahead in your diagrams is okay, and it will, for sure make your life easier when it comes to folding. You can look a step or two ahead even if the book doesn't say it.
            Overall, I thought my Llama turned out pretty cute, and I enjoyed making it.



            Question: Do you prefer to learn origami through books, or Youtube?
Citation: Kasahara, Kunihiko. Origami Omnibus: Paper-folding for Everybody. Tokyo: Japan Publications, 1988. Print.





7 comments:

  1. Hey Thuy!

    The closest I've ever gotten to origami was making a fortune teller. I always find the instructions much too difficult to follow. Honestly speaking, your little tips actually make it easier for me to understand.

    You're final products are super cute and really inspires me to try it out! I hope to see more of your fine paper folding skills in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your nice encouragement! I'm glad my post helped you understand a little more! Good luck on your Origami journey.

      Delete
  2. Hello Thuy!

    You're a very talented person! When I was in elementary school, I attempted to do origami a number of times but failed greatly. Your tips are very easy to follow which makes the process way easier. I enjoy how you title your blogs and the pictures you add make reading your blog entertaining. How long have you been interested in origami and what was your first piece?

    Thanks for all the tips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Simran!

      To answer your questions I have been doing origami for enjoyment since fourth grade, though my first origami was probably a paper airplane back in first grade. Which, in a way sparked my interest for origami.

      On another note, I'm really glad that my blog has been entertaining, and I'm glad my tips are helping you out!
      Of course, I was wondering what origami you have attempted in the past, since you've stated that you have "attempted to do origami a number of times but failed greatly"?

      Well good luck on your origami journey! Share with me the origami's that you've made!

      Delete
  3. Hey Thuy! Your llama is so cute! To answer your question, I prefer learning things like origami through YouTube because it's easier to see things being done in real life rather than through words and pictures. What is your favorite kind of origami?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Syd!

      Well, my favorite kind of origami are those complex modular or 3D ones, since they look totally wicked awesome! I've made a couple, and it was very stressful, though the end result was totally worth it! What's your favorite kind of origami?

      Delete
  4. wow nice llama, personally i like learning origami through youtube because it make it so much easier.

    ReplyDelete