Saturday, January 28, 2017

End it with a BANG!





Hi guys!



Unfortunately, this will be my last post on this website. But instead of being sad, let's end it with a BANG!

As some of you know, today is Lunar New Year,  Vietnamese New Year for some, Chinese New Year for others. But guess what, it's the same zodiac sign, the Chicken/Rooster! So, in celebration of the New Year, I've decided to make chickens and a dragon.





The chicken origami in particular, was not hard, in fact it was really easy. Though the dragon on the other hand, was a tad bit more difficult. According to the author, she states that, "This is my favorite of the more than ten chicken origami that i have developed" (Kasahara 358). This shows that she enjoys making it, and it probably looks really good in person. This was totally true, I had lots of fun making it, and the end result was really cute! 




What was really eye opening to me was how folding at a different spot can turn the chicken to either a hen or a rooster (Kasahara 359). I did a rooster since it's technically the year of the rooster, not hen. 

The reason why I didn't really talk about the Dragon was due to the fact that I had learned how to fold it through YouTube (which in my opinion is totally better than learning how to fold origami through a book). Even though there were instructions on how to make an origami dragon, I didn't like it's design, so I found another one. 








I truly thank you all for taking the time and reading my blog, it has been a really enjoyable ride, and experience. "Every moment sent was blindingly bright. Because the day was good, because the day wasn't good, because the day was just alright. I loved every single day" (Goblin). Just wanted to share this quote with you all since it's one of my favorite, and it fits the theme of the last post. Happy Lunar New Year!




Question: After reading my blogs, are you inspired to learn origami? Why are why not?

Citation: Kasahara, Kunihiko. Origami Omnibus: Paper-folding for Everybody. Tokyo: Japan 
Publications, 1988. Print. 

What time does a chicken go to bed? Half past hen.

6 comments:

  1. Very inspired! Meaning i feel as if i can now do origami myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Britney!
      Thanks for that comment, I'm glad my this post could help you feel this way! Good luck on your origami journey!

      Delete
  2. To be completely honest with myself, I clicked on your post expecting some kind of explosion but was pleasantly surprised by your lovely origami.I used to do a lot of origami myself and can appreciate how much work can go into a piece. good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Thuy!
    To answer your question By seeing your origami projects yes I am inspired... You make it look so easy especially since yours turn out so good! In my experience I am not very wonderful at making these things but I will definitely give it a try now!

    - Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Thuy!
    I've been going through your origami creations and I have really enjoyed seeing what you have been creating. From your elephant to now your adorable chickens and roosters, they have all been fascinating. I was really into origami when I was younger because my aunt had gotten me a set to work with that had beautiful paper and instruction books too. I found a real enthusiasm to work with it like it the same way you seem to too. If you were to ask me to try again now I would probably decline because I used to hate some of the complicated instruction the origami came with that seemed impossible to figure out.

    I assume you've probably come across instructions like that as you've been doing your own origami, so I admire you for sticking to it and not giving up because it has really paid off and shown through your final product. I hope you continue this craft because you seem to have a real knack for it! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow your very creative! your origami creations are so adorable and satisfying it makes me want to practice origami.

    ReplyDelete