Sunday, January 29, 2017

One smart Cookie!


Chocolate chip cookies!

For my next post I decided to bake the classic dessert of chocolate cookies! This is a dessert that most enjoy and was fun to make. Seems so simple right? Well here is my process...

To start off these were the following listed ingredients in my book:
Ingredients 
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
-2 large eggs
-1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 (12 ounce) bag of chocolate chips, or chunks
- 2 1/4 cups all- purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fine salt

So I first I preheated the oven to 375 degrees to warm it up then I was on my way!
I took the unsalted butter and placed that in a microwave safe bowl and melted that. Once that was melted I mixed it in with the sugars, eggs. butter, and vanilla. In another bowl I also mixed baking soda, salt , and flour. After everything I mixed the wet ingredients with the dry and stirred in a bag of chocolate chips (yummy!) Just like that I had the dough made. Here are some pictures of the dough and ingredients:
Ingredients!
Cookie dough

After that my book said to paraphrase, to roll the dough with my hands into medium balls and place them on the pans I had ready. Here are some pictures I took of this step:
Dough on pan
dough balls placed on pan

The next step was to bake the Cookies as directed by my book , " Bake, until golden but still soft in the center , 12 to 16 minutes" (Meredith). So I set the timer to the lower time 12 minutes to be safe and baked . When the timer went off I checked the cookies and they were fully done . Here is the turn out pictured on the right was my second batch which was large due to the extra batter:
First batch!
Second batch

 Overall, the turn out was great! I didn't burn them like I was worried about and they have a nice golden color which makes my heart happy! Needless to say guess who will be enjoying some milk and cookies!

Question: What aspect of the final product are you most worried about when baking/cooking?

Citation: Corperation, Meredith. New Cookbook. Des Moines, IA: Better Homes and Gardens, 2002. Print.




3 comments:

  1. Hey Alyssa!
    Your cookies look absolutely delicious! To tell the truth I'm way more of a cook than I am a baker, mostly because when baking I'm most worried about what I make not cooking all the way inside leaving a squishy middle and burnt outside. Cookies are easiest for me to make though, and a little tip I have for when you put your cookies on the pan is to use an ice cream scooper to keep consistent how much batter you use for each cookie (it works for me every time). You did a really good job here and I hope you continue to keep cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alyssa, the cookies look amazing I'm hungry just looking at them! I'm also baking cookies for my IRP and I think the thing that worries me the most is burning the cookies! I hate when it happens! I was wondering what is your favorite cookie to eat?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Alyssa, your cookies look so delicious! Cookies are one of my favorite things to bake, one tip I have for you is to put the cookie dough in the fridge or freezer before you bake them. I found out when you do that the cookies stay together better and taste so good. Anyway, great job with the baking!

    ReplyDelete